About Me

Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to provide a resource to help you achieve your optimum health, happiness and well-being. The more you put into making your life what you want it to be, the more results you will see. The more you take active responsibility in your growth, the less you will be paying for coaches, counselors and doctors. I am a licensed mental health counselor, teacher, group facilitator, and hypnotherapist. I use several treatment styles including Hypnotherapy, Lifespan Integration, EMDR, Narrative Therapy, Depth-Oriented Brief Therapy, DBT and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy.

Life is short, live it well.

If you have any ideas for articles or feedback, feel free to comment below. Please keep in mind I do not offer business-related or therapeutic advice for various reasons. Thanks for reading!

Anna Thompson, MA, MHP, LMHC

FAQ about my hypnosis albums
1. Can I sleep through hypnosis and still get the results I am after?
That depends upon you and the album you are listening to. Of course, I include suggestions related to achieving the goal of the album, so if someone falls asleep, they are still getting the positive reinforcement they are after, especially if they listen repeatedly. On the other hand, I do include guided self-reflection on many of my albums so that people can take a second look at their own beliefs and contracts and see what they are ready to release or reframe for themselves. This is really important for people who are serious about letting go of unhelpful beliefs or patterns they have. If someone has made a contract or decided to believe something at some point in their lives, they have to be willing to let that belief or contract go. I cannot and would not even want to try to do that for them as it would be violating their sense of choice.

2. Are you taking on any clients?
Not at this time.

3. How often should I listen to an album to get the results that I want?
Again, everyone is a little different, depending on their history, severity of the issue, and ability to achieve deep trance states. I would say, in general, listen every day for one week or until you achieve the results you are after.

4. Does it feel weird to be hypnotized?
You are in and out of hypnosis all day long: While falling asleep, driving, bored and daydreaming and watching television.

5. Do you do custom albums for individuals?
Not at this time but I will update my website if that changes.

68 Responses to About Me

1. KH says:

Dear Anna,

i have been listening to your CD’s through spotify unlimited, I do hope you are being compensated. They have had a very positive effect on my sleep and well being and focus. Do you work with clients by phone? I am based in Boston.

Medford Ma

Dear KH,

I am not currently working with clients by phone or doing individual albums at this point in time, but if you like you can write me and I will let you know if and when I do.

Thanks for listening!

2. tamsin says:

Hi Anna,
    I just wanted to say that your albums on Spotify have, truly, made a difference to me in recent weeks. There are times in life when, despite how strong you are most of the time, you really question your purpose and your self-belief. I have been in a pretty dark place recently but your encouragement has made me feel that there is a non-judgemental friend out there who is in touch with how I feel and is on my side. A simple thank you doesn’t seem enough, but it is a heartfelt thank you. Thank you Anna, you have a gift that should be appreciated by many more than me. I’m still sore but on the mend and it’s not unrealistic to say that you have played a part in that healing. . If others can benefit from this post then I wish them well on their journey. Tamsin.

3. Flavius says:

Anna, Hi! 🙂
    i wanna thank you out of my deepest heart. I began to listen to your mp3s on Spotfiy, and i can’t even describe how great they are. I had depression and anxiety many years, but i have to say that you are a real wonder. I have so much inner peace. The recordings and your voice is soooo smooth and great. Before you, I’ve searched so many mp3s, brain sync,brainbeats,other guidances… but you’re the best, cause with you i got results. You NAIL exactly what the issues are and bring the solutions so easily that i wondered how i didn’t know them in the first place. 🙂 After the session, i feel like newborn. GREAT! Thank you, thank you, thank you! 😛
    Flavius

4. tamsin says:

Hi Anna,

You havent posted for a while and I guess you’re pretty busy but I miss your posts and the intellegent insights that they bring. Whilst I don’t depend on them I kind of miss them when they’re not there. They’re like a touchstone that is always good to return to. If I can be so bold – please dont underestimate the good that they do. They have a value and a positive effect and your readers are grateful for your efforts. It’s good work and we very much appreciate it.

[Reply]

5. I just made a playlist of nearly all your recordings. I may be 60, but I am learning a lot for you, young lady! 🙂 Nice to see the face that goes with the voice. Peace be unto you.

6. Anita says:

I would like to buy some albums but unfortunately through the Hong Kong site I can’t buy the ones I need. Is there another way apart from itunes and amazon?

Dear Anita,

Have you tried Emusic or Google Music? You can also find me there.

Sincerely,

7. Happy Murray says:

“Never ask anyone how you feel .” Happy

8. Happy says:

“I asked the librarian where I could find everything and anything about Anna Thompson Self Help programmes in book form cd, dvd anything at all. I was told I was defeating the purpose.” Happy

9. Tamsin says:

I just read your blog today about clutter. Strangely enough I read it whilst having a cup of tea, taking a break from clearing out my stair cupboard. When I went back I noticed on the “to keep” pile there were lots of things that I was keeping out of guilt – Presents that I never really liked or things I’d bought but never used and felt guilty if I threw them out. So I took your advice and got rid of those things too. I made room for the things I really needed and really wanted.

Now I’m going to start on my life, 🙂 now I don’t think that will be quite so easy but I’m gonna give it a try…..!

Seasons Greetings to you Anna and all who read this blog. May you find joy and peace during the festive season and the new year.

10. Anne says:

I’ve listened to samples of your Stop Self Sabotage mp3, but I can’t buy it because none of the online merchants selling your mp3s (Amazon, iTunes, etc) allow downloading from my country. What’s up with that? Can I buy the mp3 directly from you then?

Um, this is kind of urgent so let me know soon, okay?

Anna Reply:

In answer to your question, I am not set up to sell directly (sorry). Have you tried Google music? Yes I know that there are some countries censor a great deal of this type of thing, China being one of them.

Good luck, sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

11. bob says:

Hello Anna,
    At the suggestion of a therapist, I began searching for sleep hypnosis recordings on Itunes and came across yours. Your voice is amazing. I got sleepy just listening to the itunes samples.
    While I do have an underlying insomnia problem, my acute problem is a nerve condition that neurologists and neurosurgery have not been able to fix for 4 yrs now, which is why I’m trying hypnosis.
    The problem is that this nerve condition causes my shoulders to twitch at night, making getting to sleep that much harder.
    Induction and Deepening relax me quite a bit, but I was wondering which of your recordings do you think would be best to include in a playlist?

Anna Reply:

That’s a tough question. Unfortunately, I don’t have any specific albums for nerve conditions or twitching (awake or asleep). There are mind/body healing and balancing suggestions within the “Zen Healing” album, but that is the closest I can think of at the moment.

I can’t give you medical advice but I came across something called a “Biomat” the other day and it claimed to have the ability to help with healing the nervous system among other things. You could ask your doctor about that. Apparently they used similar technology to keep astronauts healthy in space. Pretty cool I reckon.

Good luck to you.

12. Danni says:

Purchased fear of death self help was brilliant although my family said I was fast asleep I must have taken something in to feel bette today, I wonder if its a gradual route to getting better or will this happen over a space of time.

Many Thanks

Anna Reply:

As a philosophical question, to me this is an infinitely complex question, and with an even more complicated answer. I guess in part it depends upon where you are now and where you would like to go (what it means to be better). Change can happen in an instant, or over time. Because we are incredibly complex creatures with varying backgrounds we all have a certain number of lessons and challenges before we arrive at the summit.

As far as using hypnosis recordings, a good rule of thumb is to listen daily for a week, then use as desired thereafter.

Thanks for listening. I hope this day finds you well and good.

13. Lynette Orlando says:

I’ve been listening to your Zen Healing Hypno CD and it has improved the quality of my sleep! With chronic pain I still wake up in the middle of the night, I fall back to sleep easily now with the relaxing suggestions. So glad I found you on ITunes! Thank you!

14. Dave says:

I would like to suggest two subjects for hypnosis mp3’s. First I would like to see a recorded to deal with shame and then I would like one for dealing with our own perfectionism. Thanks!

Anna Reply:

You can find those topics here. Have a good one and thanks for listening.

15. Dave says:

Thanks! I usually buy at Amazon, but I didn’t see the perfectionism recording there.

16. Jameson Korytoski says:

Anna, let me say, you are a God-send. I was having trouble sleeping from an awful pairing of insomnia and anxiety. I found your albums on Spotify and they have worked wonders. I now sleep softly and deeply. I thoroughly enjoy the counting down of the ten levels of relaxation. Please keep up the great work. If possible I hope to see a relaxation album on anxiety. But, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks!

17. Dane says:

Hi Anna,

I just wanted to make the effort to let you know that your albums which I found through Spotify are incredible.

I, a musician know the little amount of money made through Spotify, so thank you for providing such a great resource for next to nothing.

Dane 🙂

18. Friderichs says:

I wonder if you can assist.

I am looking for a hypnosis programme that would motivate a guy to go gym, build muscle and sustain great athletic performance.
    Do you have any programmes that will be coming out or will you be developing one which builds muscle for guys and motivates a guy to go to gym.

Would appreciate feedback.

By the way. Used a couple of your other products and they work very well. Thanks a stack !

Anna Reply:

I have included some links below. Thanks for listening!

Sincerely,

19. Friderichs says:

Anna

Thanks for these links. Had a look at them already. However my concern is do these encourage muscle development and core thinking for muscle development, and correct eating to sustain the developmental muscle or do they encourage weight loss?

Thanks

Anna Reply:

Nope don’t have that, though I’ll keep it in mind. 🙂

20. charis says:

Hi Anna, I am from Malaysia and would like to download some of your MP3s. I can’t do so from Amazon,emusic or google music (only available in Turkish?). Could you please advise me how to go about it? Thanks!

Anna Reply:

Hmmn, that’s a tough one-did you try iTunes? I know there are a few countries where it is just not available for whatever reason and unfortunately I am not set up to sell directly.

Best of luck to you,

21. RSS says:

Anna,

I purchased your overcome erectile dysfunction session and I just want to say thank you! Even though I have only listened to it twice I can already tell a difference!

22. Mary-Michele says:

Dear Anna Thompson,

I am a big fan and have been buying your meditations on amazon and loving the results.(.i.e. when i am disciplined enough to take the time and do it). I have purchased five of your albums as mp3s..eliminating overlaps of induction, deepening and counting up.
    But there is one thatreally gives me trouble.
    The worst negative talk i have comes from me..and i am trying to change that inner dialogue. There is one where you mention naysayers (and acknowledge that it may be oneself) but then you say to quiet the nay sayers because there negativity says more about them than you…But I am my naysayer!, so what it says more about me than me??lol..I need a phrase or something to diffuse the contempt of self doubtis there a recording you could recommend?

Anna Reply:

Please forgive the delay in my reply.
    Great question! I think many if not most people have an aspect of themselves that is the naysayer and inner critic. The inner critic is usually nothing more than a child part of the self that needed to self protect in response to a certain situation. For example, many children decide to criticize themselves in order to try to do everything right in order to avoid being criticized or rejected by their parents or other important figures in their lives. Even though it is often given a bad rap, the inner critic is an adaptive feature of the child self that just needs a little extra love, direction and attention.
    I would try “Heal and Embrace Your Dark Side”. This is an excellent album for those aspects of ourselves that self-sabotage or seem to work against us.

Thanks for listening!

23. Anna Thompson says:

My name is Anna Thompson too
    How do I get started in the business world?
    I admire your work and want to be just like you
    I like health, happiness and well-being too!!!! 🙂 We have so much in common!
    I also use spotify
    You should follow me and my friend Brooke Chandler
    We listen to some rockin’ tunes
    Like MUSE and FALL OUT BOY
    I have never been hypnotised before but am interested now since I found you on the internet and you have the best name in the world
    From ANNA

Hello Anna Thompson!

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I didn’t delete the messages, it was just sitting in my inbox for a while. I was having some technical difficulties but have finally sorted out the problem.

I started by following my passion and learning everything I possibly could about psychology, consciousness and spirituality. Once you figure out where your particular specialty intersects what people need and/or want, then figure out how to get it to them. The thing you need to accept about starting your own business is that there are often plenty of details that you need to figure out on your own so make a list and figure them out one at a time. It takes a bit of elbow grease and self-discipline but what the heck, it’s worth it.

Thanks for writing!

Sincerely,

The Other Anna Thompson

24. Mike says:

Dear Anna,
    I cannot begin to express what a difference you have made to my life. I used to be driven by fear and worry, constantly predicting negative outcomes to any situation. It was my addiction. Something I inherited.
    By listening to your wonderful Mp3’s I have been able to break the cycle. I’m at peace for the first time in years.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Anna Reply:

Thanks! I’m happy to hear it.

Sincerely,

25. Debra says:

Anna – I am compelled to write to you today. I stumbled across you selecting delta brain waves music for sleep assist from job loss stresses. All my life I worked so hard for individuals and the more I worked the less I got in return. Recently my position was eliminated and as driven as I am I’m having difficulty finding something. Frankly, I have seriously thought of suicide more than once. I discovered you although there are many others. You have kept me alive so far. I am not out of the woods by any means, but I think often of your messages. You are so gifted. You’re gentle and I sense something in you that speaks to me in my condition. I am a wordsmith but I cannot place what it is that you have – just a gift. At night after a whole day of fright and hard work I look forward to night knowing I have you out there somewhere to hold me together in ways no one else is able right now. I lost my sister and best friend in 2006 and you are one of the closest things to her that I have found. So ridiculous I’m sure to many, just not to me. You are a quiet gift to me from some source and I am grateful for that.

Dear Debra,

Thank you for writing. Forgive the lateness of my reply, as I have been out of internet range for a few weeks now. I am happy that you have found some help in my audios, and good grief(!) you are going through a lot right now. Take extra good care of yourself and please, please, PLEASE speak to someone if you are not already, if you are still having thoughts of suicide.

Blessings,

26. Adam says:

Dear Anna,

How does this release core issues that undermine the affirmations? Or does it overwrite them? Just purchased your Animal Magnetism audio so looking forward to getting stuck in.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Anything you tell yourself on a regular basis your subconscious will eventually take in as fact, and that is the basic idea behind affirmations (more like an overwrite, like you said). I include affirmations as an add-on to many of my hypnosis albums, for people who want to reinforce new, positive ideas in everyday life. That being said, in the hypnosis content in my albums, I try to address common underlying issues that tend to be related to the topic at hand-I do my best, but everyone is a little different.

Good question!

27. Ryan says:

meditate. if you don’t know a way to meditate, try this.lay down in your bed. turn off all lithgs/distractions. find a small dot somewhere, or a point of focus. look at this dot. while keeping your eyes on the dot, become conscious of all of the muscles in your body. think of the stress you have been putting on your muscles. then, make an effort to relax them. start at your feet, and work your way up. your body should be like a limp pile of rubber bands. then, the next time you blink, use it as an excuse to close your eyes. once they are closed, think of something beautiful or peaceful to you, Perhaps a memory, or a flower. lock this in your mind’s eye. let your thoughts wander, but keep that picture as your focus. stay like this until sleep comes.hope this helps!

28. Gary Ashman says:

Hi Gary from Australia here , After research and reading comments , I have been keen to experience your (Guided self hypnosis – Heal your inner child ) but Amazon do not do mp3 to Australia so I have not been able to purchase a mp3 download of yours , please can you help Gary..

29. Anna says:

Have you checked iTunes? Also, Heal Your Inner Child is available as an audiobook now on Audible.

30. Anonymous says:

Hello,
    Although I dont suffer from ED I was considering your audiobook to help improve my performance and gain some more confidence during intimacy.

2 questions: Should I avoid it if I dont specifically suffer from ED? Can I listen to it in small chunks? Getting 3 hours alone might be difficult.

Hi,

Yes I believe it could be beneficial whether or not you have ED. It has a heavy focus on enhancing sexual performance and confidence. The audiobook is 3 hours long, and is divided up into 4 sections, of which can be listened to separately. The hypnosis section is roughly one hour long, if that helps.
    Alternatively, I offer “Sexual Charisma For Men” which also goes into sexual performance and confidence.

Sincerely,

31. Alice says:

Hello Anna!

Thank you so much for all your wonderful work.

I have a question about your hypnosis programmes conserning female sexuality. I need help to let go of my negative thougths about sex and learn how to relax more. I have been searching the web to find information about your recordings, and i found these two:
    Tantric Hypnosis For Overcoming Sexual Aversion, Increasing Libido And Passion

Enjoy Sex for Women Hypnosis, Overcome Sexual Aversion, Boost Libido & Passion

On this website: http://www.preamped.com/artists/anna_thompson/music.aspx

They seem to be just the kind of hypnosis that I am looking for. But they are not available on Amazon or Itunes. Do these exist? Where can I buy them? What other hypnosis do you recommend if I want to learn to enjoy sex more and experience more passion?

Alice

Hi Alice,

I am going to have to look into this a little more deeply but I wanted to get back to you. I think that this is an important topic, and will put it on the top of my list to either re-release or to make a new and improved version. Lately I have been creating audiobook self-hypnosis audios, and those would be available on Amazon.

I wish I had an alternative self-hypnosis recommendation on this topic but nothing comes to mind. I do recommend this book http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Sexual-Ecstasy-Sexuality/dp/0874775817 however.

All the best,

32. Michele E. says:

I use your self-hypnosis tracks pretty often even though it is pretty hard for me to settle down and make the most of them sometimes. I often think I probably get the best effect when I fall asleep listening to them, which I have heard is ok…?

I am wondering if you have or plan to record any tracks related to vegetarianism. I feel guilty and physically sluggish when I eat meat. My skin looks bad and I feel bloated, not to mention all the moral reasons I do not want to eat it. Yet somehow I find myself craving it. I think I have heard you say that it is possible to substitute the whatever the craving or vice for what is in the recording or to customize some of the affirmations. Is this correct? Either way, with my restlessness, it would be great if there were something already out there with the proper wording in place.

Thanks in advance!

Anna Reply:

In answer to your question about sleeping through the hypnosis, it really depends upon which album you are listening to but I will speak in general. Most of my hypnosis resources are a combination of self-reflection and some post hypnotic suggestions related to the topic. So, you can still receive benefit while sleeping via post hypnotic suggestions, but you would be missing the benefit of the self-reflection. Ultimately however, I say trust what works best for you.

I will keep your suggestion in mind about a resource on vegetarianism.

Thanks for writing,

33. Tunisha says:

Hi, Anna. I love your tapes on iTunes. I read that you don’t make custom tapes, can you recommend someone who can help me write a custom script for a hypnosis tape for myself?

Hello,

I do not know anyone who makes custom tapes, but I do know lots of great hypnotherapists who can give you a tape specifically catered to the sessions you have with them (in person) as a take home. You can find hypnotherapists trained like me here http://providers.wellness-institute.org

Sincerely,

34. Lucy says:

Hi Anna,
    I used to have your child birth hypnosis on iTunes but due to some computer problems I lost it. I am now pregnant again and I really want to have your child birth album again as it has helped me so much in the past and I can’t find it anywhere. Is there anyway I can get hold of it?
    Thanks!

Anna Reply:

Shoot I wish I had a better answer for you. I have that on my list to redo (audiobook version) but that album is currently unavailable. Congratulations on being pregnant though! Sincerely, Anna

35. Emily Sharpton Robinson says:

Hi! I have been listening to your guided hypnosis via Spotify and was wanting to know if you could had a list of what guided programs to do on what day….which ones are compatability back to back or on the same day….which are best for sleep, etc….like a self hypnosis schedule.
    I love it! I just see so many I want to do and try. I have no idea if I should do in a particular order for best results.
    Thanks,
    Emily

Anna Reply:

Thanks! I can’t say that I have that sort of list at this time. Most of my albums are meant to be listened to in the way I released them, but that’s not to say that you can’t take your favorite tracks and put them together or omit tracks that you don’t resonate with. As far as sleep is concerned, I’d say listen to the sleep album or stick to the light subjects and omit the count up.

Sincerely,

36. Tim says:

I love using your hypnotherapy! Do you have one or know anybody who has one about “Good Girl Syndrome”? It is a major issue in my marriage. Thanks again for making such great albums 🙂

Tim

Anna Reply:

Thanks! I can’t say that I have covered that topic. I will put it on the list.

Sincerely,

37. Katie says:

Hi Anna!

I absolutely love your meditation track on Youtube! I discovered it at a hugely influential time in my life and am so grateful.

I used to be totally asleep and very mainstream. I shaved my body head to toe, wore tons of makeup and always had to look put together. I was very disconnected from my femininity and had never appreciated the joy and power in being a woman. But then I had a wake up call that inspired me to divorce my husband, leave my crap cubicle job, stop eating crap food, get in shape, love my body, start traveling and find a way to make money doing something I love.

My latest project is something near and dear to my heart. It is an e-course I have put my heart and soul into called Reality Rehab: Your Road Map to a Life of Freedom. It’s a course for anyone who has ever felt stuck. It covers everything from friendships to relationships to healthy eating to preventative health care to passive income to mindfulness to sex education.

It’s a step by step guide to undoing all the programming we’re inundated with and peeling back the layers to get to our true selves and out of the mainstream rat race.

It is 19 modules and Module 12 is all about cultivating a mindfulness practice of your own. I list your meditations as a resource and just wanted to thank you for creating them!

Hope this finds you having a great day!
    xoxo
    -Katie

Anna Reply:

Great to hear! Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

38. KK says:

Hi Anna, I rarely do this, but I wanted to take the time out, to write you and say thank you for helping me sleep.
    I got left by my financee around 5 months ago, in what to me what as “bombshell” breakup, where it felt like she just woke me up one day to tell me she was leaving and moving out, after everything had seemed fine to me, up until that point.
    Anyways, I actually found you on spotify through your “getting over a breakup” album, which wasn’t really something I could use, I found, because of the whole section where I’m supposed to get a bit angry, which does not work for me at the present time. This is not to say, I don’t think it’s helpful for a lot of people, but as you say in every intro, I have a right to chose which suggestion to follow and ignore, and that’s one I’ve found I need to ignore at the moment. The deep sleep album has however proven exceptionally usefull to me. Not that it always leads me to falling asleep, but it works just as well for just clearing my mind, and putting me in a state, where I’m ready for sleep, and I’ll be damned if I’m not at the very least, completly relaxed and not running in mental circles any longer, after putting it on.

So to sum it all up. Thank you, you are a great help.

39. Max says:

Anna thanks so much for Keep It Up! My doctor recommended I pursue some type of therapy after she found no medical cause of my ED. After my first time using your hypnosis I noticed a difference. I use it at least once a week and the results are amazing.
    Thank you so much!

Sincerely,

Max

40. Joe Betro says:

Thank you Anna. I am honoured to have met Brian Roet, a computer client of mine, and he had been reaching out to me for over a year when doing jobs for him; he could see I was offen stressed and hyper. It took a pretty big breakdown to finally see I needed help and after being a bit weary anout hypnotherapy possibly being a bit mumbo jumbo, had a session with him which changed my life.

After listening to his own recordings, I began searching for others and have discovered yours today on Spotify. Thank you so much for making these. Your voice, the imagery and the beautiful sounds make for some serious relaxation; maybe too much! 😄

Sending you positive vibes from across the pond! X

Thank you!

41. Dan says:

Every time I listen I fall asleep at the count down, just wondering if this means its really working for me?

Anna Reply:

Ideally, you would stay “conscious” for the process, meaning in a deeply relaxed state, though you can still receive some benefit. I design most of my albums to be interactive to a point, so for the best results, you may try listening sitting up, or during a time in the day when you are less likely to fall asleep.

42. Patricia McParlin says:

Hello, I bought ‘Healing your inner child’ from i tunes…I wanted to play it on my laptop in the bedroom at night, but try as I might, I cannot get it to play..I understand that it may be stopped from playing on other devices..Is there any way round this?…It’s no good if I can’t play it upstairs…Thanks

Anna Reply:

Hi, without knowing more about what software you have downloaded to play media files and type of computer, I can’t really help you specifically with this matter. If it were me, I would get a tech-savvy friend to help me figure it out or contact iTunes technical support if you think the error is on their end.